Retail: Deputy Manager-Sales
To provide a seamless, one stop Travel Service while ensuring 100% customer service. The position is sales oriented and involves working towards targets. Commission and incentives are payable for sales achievements. Involves roster worktop cover night and week end trading where applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstration of products available for clients.
- Provide information, literature relevant information to clients.
- Ensure enquiries are auctioned within 24hours.
- Listen to clients needs; give options and advice taking into account directness of routing, cost and airline preference.
- Meet and exceed client expectations.
- Resolve client issues in a satisfactory manner for all parties.
- Ensure itineraries and travel documents are professionally presented and thoroughly checked delivered on time and error free.
- Answer phones within 3rings, return phone calls within the hour.
- Acknowledge e-mails promptly.
- Maintain correct records of transactions within Flight Shop systems and Client Files.
- Keep accurate detail of travel arrangements.
- Adhere to Flight Shop operational standards and actively support the company philosophy.
- Maintain organized display of brochures and other travel material; as well as promotional displays.
- Work efficiently to achieve monthly and yearly sales figures Effective time management.
- Area Leader
- Finance Leader & team
- Product Leader & team
- Team Leader
- Back end operations/ticketing team
- Business Leader
- Training Specialist
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrate constructive conflict resolution skills to ensure a positive outcome for all involved.
- Know how to use available resources to solve problems.
- Encourage and assist other team members to solve their own problems.
- Ascertain a commercially balanced approach, being able to judge customer needs against FCTG's.
- Show advanced analytical skills.
- Analysis of numerical data and all other sources of information.
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
Make rational judgements from the available information and analysis.
Produce workable solutions to a range of problems.
- Understanding of basic mathematics with good written skills.
- Good oral communication skills with the ability to confidently handle one-on-one and small group situations.
- Capacity to evaluate facts and information and make decisions.
- Ability to undertake work planning and scheduling.
- Provide travel advice based on preferred travel experience.
- Capacity to be successful in sales.
- Manage daily paper work and administration.
- Efficiently balance the need to meet deadlines and work speedily under time pressures while maintaining high standards.
- Be motivated to achieve customer satisfaction and handle occasional difficult situations involving customers.
- Ability to perform without direct supervision, including searching for relevant information and logically over coming unforeseen obstacles.
- Ability to maintain high standards at all times.
- Persistence on a task until satisfactory outcome is achieved.
- Adjust to changes in schedule and frequent interruptions while working at a fast pace and under very tight deadlines.
- Be a team player.
- Work alone and with others in a small open area office.
- Communicate by telephone and in an informal setting, one-on-one, or in small groups.
- Work with people and meet new people everyday, including regular contact with people outside Flight Shop.
- Able to accept direction as set by others as well as able to set down direction.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years of previous experience in Sales (Outbound – Preferred).
- Travel industry knowledge is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Amadeus as Global Distribution System
- Email & Microsoft office
- Internal and external online travel booking systems
- Product Knowledge
- Market Knowledge
- Passionate about Travel
- Should be a Graduate (Bachelors in Travel – preferred).